Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Ready for a New Year!

Merry Christmas!! Wow, what a couple of weeks we've had. My last post was on the 13th, we were able to start moving stuff into our house on the 14th, have had 4 family Christmas's since and have spent the rest of our free time unloading and unpacking boxes. Like, over 100 boxes. Throw in a trip to the ER on Christmas Eve to get stitches in my hand after a freak accident and needless to say our traditions went down the drain. I have felt so guilty over not finishing our kindness acts or our Jesse tree advent or even continuing with Rudy's antics. But, after much thought and consideration, in the grand scheme of things, I've decided it was best to work as hard as I could to get my family back home by Christmas morning. My kids have been through enough and there was nothing I wanted more than to have them wake up on Christmas morning in their own beds and get to see what Santa brought in their own living room. And we made it. We still have a very long way to go to make it feel like it did before (if that's even possible) but I'm so thankful that we are home.










I hope you had a very merry Christmas and I hope that you have a great start to your 2013. I know I'm sure looking forward to a new year. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment