Monday, December 10, 2012

Ten down...15 to go!

Winter has finally hit Texas! Yesterday I had to do the lovely chore of laundry. It takes me awhile since I've only been doing it once a week and I have to make sure that whomever I'm bombarding for the day doesn't need to do laundry of their own. So after church I headed to my parent's house to take care of this week's misery. (I really dislike laundry...can you tell? ha!) Every time I'm over there, I feel like someone is watching me. I finally saw her. Just sitting there. Staring at me. 
Creepy little dog. 


There came a point in the day when I realized that I wasn't going to be finished in time to do our kindness act for the day. I told Jerod and the kids to go on without me. Princess had enjoyed giving treats to a bell ringer so much that she wanted to do that again but they couldn't find anyone working. A typical winter northern had hit and it was a ghost town out there. I told them to go find a grocery sacker who was carrying out groceries for people but they couldn't find any of those either. It was just too nasty and cold for anyone to be out in that terrible weather. 



We'll try again another day I guess. 

Rudy was caught snooping around Jerod's clothes. He obviously found a way to the top of his boots but I think things went very wrong after that. I hope he enjoyed spending his whole day in that stinky thing! 


 Today we ventured out into the cold weather to shop for carpet for our house and to run some other errands. While out, we decided to get some lunch and we had the nicest waiter ever. He talked to my kids like they were adults and he was very careful to get all our orders correct. We decided he was the one who needed our kindness act today. 


I know that sometimes during the Christmas season, people are in a hurry and tend to get grumpy. Sometimes, the ones who get the bad end of that are the ones who are serving the public. They deal with a lot of people and have to serve them no matter how they are treated in return. So this man's kindness and his continuous, contagious smile earned him the right for our kindness act today. 

During this season, please remember that everyone has a story and no matter how tacky or rude they can be, we do not have the right to judge them. Be kind. Show them Christ's love through your actions. You might be the only Jesus they see today. 

Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment