Saturday, December 8, 2012

Day 8...Nutcracker, Hot Chocolate and Cookies

Today was such a great day! It was a complete girls day and I loved every minute of it. We started by getting all dolled up and going to lunch with my mom, sister, her mother-in-law, and my two nephews. Then we went to an afternoon performance of the Nutcracker. I was so excited for Princess to see this show. It has been several years since we've been and her love for ballet has been growing every week so I knew she would love it. And she did. 


The boys enjoyed the show too. My boy wasn't interested in going so Princess got to hang with two of her guy cousins. They all did very well and sat still and quietly through the whole performance. Well, except for a few comments here and there about how boy ballerinas dress and how disturbing it is and if you've ever been to the ballet you understand but anyway.....


Once home from the show, Princess and I changed clothes and went to take care of today's kindness advent activity. 


 The mall was a complete mad house and I realized that Princess had gotten comfy in her p.j.s. So when she wanted to take care of this one herself, I just pulled up and let her hop out and run it up to the bell ringer. The sweet lady working was so excited and pleased when she saw Princess walking up with her treats. Plus, people going into the mall commented on how cool it was. When she walked back to the car, Princess was so proud and happy. Sigh. Sweet girl. I love her so. 


Now we're snuggled up together waiting for our guys to get home. She's working on her letter to Santa and I love that she's asking him for things for all of us. Have I mentioned I love her? :)  What a great day. Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment