Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fish Trip

One of my favorite things about homeschooling is that I get to decide when we need a break and when we need to work really hard. Friday was one of those days where we took a much needed break. We completed school that morning (before 10a.m. mind you) and then headed to the Cross AA Ranch with another homeschooling momma and her two boys. It was a GREAT day!! My dad has a big project going on so there were big machines working and one of the drivers was nice enough to give all the kids a ride in his big tractor (or whatever it's called...front loader maybe?).

He made me very nervous going up this very steep hill but the kids loved it!

It was a great experience for all!!


We then headed down to the bass tank for some major fishing. A minister from my parents' church was there with his son and a friend and the fish started biting immediately. We didn't even have time to finish getting all the poles ready before one or two were caught.

Princess caught three and they got bigger with every catch!

Conner caught four fish this day!! Impressive!

Little Man only caught one...he wanted to help with the net and stringing the fish more than catching them.

I looked and looked for the picture of Davis catching his but I think I was videoing at the time and missed getting a still shot. Sorry Katharine! But the action I was videoing may have been worth missing it....long story! :)

These four have literally known each other from birth and will be life-long friends I know!
What a blessing.

I was very proud of my friend Katharine for stringing a fish all by herself without ever touching the fish. She is very creative! :) All in all, everyone caught one fish or more...we had 14 in all and some were as big as 17"!


I'm really glad we took this day to just play and have fun. No extra-curricular activities, nowhere that we had to be...just enjoying the beautiful day and all the great fellowship. Something I think we need to do more of. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment