Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring Break Part 1

We've had two great weeks of spring break. Yes, we took off two weeks instead of just one but that's just the kind of cool stuff you can do when you home school. :) The first week we stayed around the house and I tried to wear myself completely out by doing chores. Shampooing carpet, painting shutters, and doing a mass clean-out of the kids bedrooms. I wanted to catch up on some sleep this week but I seemed to work so hard I ended up being more tired than when we started. Ha! But that's okay...a lot of good work was done. On Friday though, we went and met my sister and her family in Lubbock for the day. They were down there for a check-up for my niece so the kids, my parents, and myself met them there and we shopped and then took advantage of the hotel pool. :) It was a good day and I caught some very silly monkeys playing in the water.





On Saturday I caught up on laundry and cleaning and then right after church on Sunday we went back to Lubbock to spend some time with Jerod's aunt, uncle and cousins before getting our immigration fingerprints done early Monday morning. Yes, we had to drive all the way to Lubbock to get our immigration fingerprints done...one of the crazy steps we have to take to get our child home! It's ALL going to be so worth it!! Back home on Monday afternoon and then off and running again on Tuesday morning.....more on that in my next post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment