Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring Break Part 2

So like I said, on Tuesday morning, we got up early and drove with my mom and aunt Carolyn to Llano, Texas. My aunt needed to see a long time friend there and so tagged along to shop and get away. I didn't think we would go at first having already missed one week of school but my mom talked us into it and we did do some lessons in the car. I think she knew I really needed away for a little while to regroup and recharge. Don't we all need that at some point? :) We thoroughly enjoyed this trip and I learned that a vehicle can hold WAY more than you think when you are as skilled as my mom at packing. :)

Since Llano is such an old town, there were some very unique restaurants and shops all within walking distance of each other. Our first stop was Stonewall's Pizza...it was definitely NOT your Pizza Hut pizza...it was so fresh and good!!
My kids in front of one of the many historic landmarks we came across this week.

Little Man wanted me to take a picture of this tree...I said it was really funny that they were so interested in the trees...it shows you how much we lack in that area in our hometown. :)

A fabulous bridge that crosses the Llano river

Beautiful flowers were beginning to pop up

The Llano river

Driving across the bridge was not so bad but Princess really didn't care for walking across it

After a full day of shopping we went to this great park (with more trees) and another dam on the river...my aunt convinced them it was okay to walk across...my kids love their aunt. :)

There was some major goofiness and giggling (from the kids and adults alike) that went on the the hotel rooms

Here the kids are discovering the fun of having a sliding glass door and the illusions it could create.


After conquering the streets of Llano and eating at the world famous "Cooper's BBQ", Thursday morning we drove to Fredricksburg to do more shopping and more eating! :)

Here is the gang at a German restaurant...these wimps wouldn't even try my Greek salad....it was SOOO good!!

Friday morning meant getting ready to come home. The best thing about this trip was that we were all so laid back and willing to do whatever anyone wanted to see or try. So on the way home we stopped by the Enchanted Rock for the kids. This massive rock is actually a hill made completely of granite. Unreal!!

A few hours (almost 12 actually) later, we arrived home! So I guess now we have to get back to the "real world" and get ready for my open house in less than two weeks. EEK! We are also preparing a good size patch of our backyard for a (hopefully) fabulous garden. Lots going on but I'm so blessed to have all these opportunities. God is so good to me!

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME! I love that part of Texas. :) Your photos are amazing, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you emailed me! I'll be following your journey! So excited to see what God has for your family.
    kelli

    ReplyDelete