Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Door Closes on Another Great Season

Today was our last basketball game. We have had such a great time coaching these kiddos. Jerod coached Little Man's team with the help of a family friend while we coached Princess' team together. I decided we made a great coaching team. He was the technical coach teaching them basic skills and rules while I was the emotional coach who handled the devotionals and loved on them when injured. :) Our girls were such a special group and I'm going to miss them. Some of them came such a long way not only as players but as people. I'm very proud of them all.

Anyway, I took a quick picture of my kids before we left for the games.

Thursday night was our last practice and instead of having a serious practice, we played games and then had cupcakes and drinks. I made basketball cupcakes for them and I think they turned out great if I say so myself. :)

So now that basketball is over we have a few weeks break before the next seasonal sport starts. I have been contemplating doing a spring arts and crafts open house kinda as a fundraiser and include several tables with others I know that have a home-based business. With that being a big possibility, I've been working on several crosses to sell and hopefully put a big chunk toward our adoption fund. :) We'll see.

I guess me contacting the immigration office got them on the ball because we received our fingerprint appointment in the mail today. One family summed up my emotions very well: "Yippee! Hooray!! Hallelujah!! Amen and amen!" It's not until March 21st but at least I now know they've processed our paperwork and we can move forward instead of standing still. You know how excited I get over baby steps. Each step taken is just another step closer to bringing our baby home. :))

1 comment:

  1. I've never been so proud of a family member being fingerprinted. ;) YES you should do the arts & crafts fair - that sounds really cool! I can't wait to hear more about it. Love ya

    ReplyDelete