Thursday, March 10, 2011

Just an Average Ordinary Day...just the way I like it

Yesterday was my birthday and I had a very average, normal day. Don't feel sorry for me...I liked it just like that. My kiddos opted to not go to church last night so we could just have a quiet night at home vegging out in front of the T.V. and playing with my new presents. My hubby got me a video editing software for my computer that I spent over an hour watching the instructional DVD, Princess got me the Zumba Wii game, and Little Man got me chocolate covered strawberries. YUMMO!!! We had gone to eat with my parents at lunch and instead of going to eat again for dinner, I just wanted pancakes. So I had pancakes and strawberries for supper. :) Not too shabby.

There was however a certain date looming over me all day...today's date: March 10. Today is the day that will show how serious the MOWA is about cutting back their adoption considerations. There were several people fasting and praying yesterday and from the few emails I got this morning, it looks like things may be headed in a good direction. There are over 21,000 names on the petition but we need more. People have asked if I think signing it will even make a difference and I say, "YES!" So please, if you haven't signed it yet, please please do so. Not just for me but for all the other families and children involved. This is bigger than just our situation...there are lots out there who are closer than we are and need our prayers more.

A friend emailed me these verses and I loved them...I told her they were being added to the note card stack! :)) Thanks Roxi!

"The Lord you God, who is going before you, will fight for you..." Deuteronomy 1:30
"The Lord himself goes before you, and will be with you; he will never leave you or forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:8
"Fire goes before him and consumes his foes on every side." Psalm 97:3

We have not been forgotten...our God is a good God....He is in control and He is forever to be praised. :))

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Glad you had a nice birthday, cuz. Praying lots for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is never late... always on time... and does exactly what is best for all involved. His word says it to be.. therefore it IS. :)

    ReplyDelete