Tuesday, March 9, 2010

S.T.A.R.S. Field Trip

On Friday, we had a S.T.A.R.S. field trip to the Texas DPS helicopter hanger. (S.T.A.R.S. is our homeschool group that we do field trips, parties, and different activities with. It stands for Students That Are Rock Solid...cheesy, I know.)


Clay, our tour guide, was so good with the kids and answered all of their questions with patience and accuracy.
He let them crawl up into the helicopter, see the control panels and just hang out in there as long as they wanted.
Once everyone had their turn inside, he then let them put on a headset and sit in the drivers seat...very cool!
After everyone was finished seeing inside the helicopter, Clay took it out of the hanger and flew it around for us a little bit. He turned on the siren and lights for the kids and it was very exciting to see it up close and personal.
Homeschooling has given us opportunities that most traditional schools don't have time to give and I feel so incredibly blessed to be able to teach my children. I feel very responsible to do the best I can for them and make sure they are growing up under the Lord's direction. We've made great lifelong friends in this group and I wouldn't be where I am today without their support. We love our S.T.A.R.S.!!

No comments:

Post a Comment