Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Birthday Bliss

Yesterday was my 31st birthday. I am now officially over 30. Sigh. Oh well...I had a wonderful day and was treated like a queen. My day started with breakfast in bed by my dear husband. He got up and made me french toast and coffee...what a beautiful start to the day! I then got caught up on my blogging (if you didn't notice) and the kids were so very anxious to get out to the schoolhouse which I found completely strange since they really tried convincing me that we needed to take the day off. Once I finally got in there, I understood their excitement. This is what was waiting for me...
They had schemed with their father to put up Happy Birthday banners and leave flowers on my desk. It was so cool. We then started our studies and went on about our day. I got many phone calls and felt very loved. Lunchtime brought opening my presents and having pizza delivered by a very handsome delivery man...(my hubby came home for lunch). I got a new cd, a new cross, and a new Willow Tree figurine for my collections. They know me well! At dinner, we met my entire family (parents, sister +3, brother, and in-laws) at Olive Garden to eat. Then when we got home, I got a phone call from my friend, Robin, in Houston. Yay!! Texting, facebook and emails are great forms of technology but there's just not much that can replace hearing the voice of your nearest, dearest friend. We talked for an hour and it was the perfect ending to a perfect day. Happy birthday to me! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment