Wednesday, March 24, 2010

How do you spell frustration?

I am having one of those weeks. Spring break needs to come sooner than later and this stinking cold weather needs to GO AWAY! My kids are driving me nuts....fighting, bickering, whining, etc. You would think my daughter has reverted back to being a two year old. She cries at everything. If you tell her no, if you look at her the wrong way, if she doesn't get her way and so on. And she gets hysterical if she thinks you are mad at her. Ugh! I don't know how the tears are so ready to fall ALL the time. It's like they are sitting just on the surface and she can cry at the littlest of things. I don't know if it's because since her allergies are acting up that she feels just bad enough to be ultra sensitive or if she's just overtired or what but I need it to STOP! I have to be able to discipline her without her going on overload of emotions every single time. It wears me out. It makes me tired and I am done with it. Any ideas?

And the fighting. My kids get along pretty much all the time but there is the occasion that they don't get along at all. And now is one of those times. The constant pick pick pick can drive a person to drink! Whether it's fighting about the smallest of things (the sky is blue today...no it's not...yes it is....no it's not....yes it is) or something major like little man hauling off and smacking her, they are constantly at each others throats.

Let's not even begin to mention the fact that I can pick up 5000 times a day and turn around and things be thrown everywhere again....

Sometimes I think they just go through phases and sometimes I think its their way of making me WANT to leave for a few days. We leave for Vegas in one week and I'm so ready for the break! Being a home school mom is so rewarding but it also means that I am with them 24/7 and a girl needs some rest! I will be really glad to not answer 2 million questions and I might not even talk at all one day. Hubby has been so busy at work that he probably would enjoy me to not talk for a day. (yeah right, like that will ever happen!) But seriously, I just need to get through today and get through the phase they are going through. When we get back, we'll have to de-grandparents-spoil-us-too-much them and then things will be back to normal. I hope. :)

Sorry to rant and rave but that's what this blog is for and so just bear with me. Maybe it's the weather, maybe it's just exhaustion, but I am greatly looking forward to my break and I refuse to let myself feel guilty for that. I will be a better mom when I get home from some peace and quiet and relaxation. And hopefully some shopping too! :) But for now, I'm going to go break up the fight brewing and put them back into their separate rooms......

No comments:

Post a Comment