Sunday, January 30, 2011

Birthday Party

Today was a good day. Since Princess' birthday falls so close to Christmas, we usually do something special that day with just family and then we wait awhile to have her friends birthday party. It was suppose to be last weekend but since birthday girl had the flu, we had to reschedule for today. We had it at our local ice skating rink like last year and several friends and cousins showed up to help her celebrate.

First we have father and son racing around the rink ( I think "son" may have won)



This was a first for both this father and daughter...I think this dad may need some icy hot and Advil later. :)


My niece Kylie...she was a little braver than last year.


Two of my favorite brats in the world :)

Birthday Princess enjoying her new found confidence. She doesn't do much of anything without that tongue sticking out. :)

Princess and her new friend Jaedyn


My nephew Coby impressed me with his skills...no fear with this one!


My nephew Jaden...he was a little more cautious...I was glad since he's still in a brace from breaking his arm almost 3 months ago!

Little Man was a stud on the ice. He can even turn all the way around on his skates without falling. He did not get his athletic ability from me. :)

I tried to get pictures of all the kids who were there but they were either the backs of their heads or blurry from the movement. Oh well...we had a lot of fun and made good memories. Princess then got to open her presents and while she liked them all, her favorite was her pillow pet from her brother. He had been wanting to get her one since Christmas and we found a really cute Valentines doggy one. She was so thrilled, she ran right over and gave him a huge hug. He, on the other hand, was not so thrilled. :) Public Display of Affection? Not this pre-teen guy! :)

So that was our day today. Now we are home warming up and re-energizing before another week. A quick adoption update: we have received our home study report that I need to make a few changes to but unfortunately we are not going to be on the waiting list by the end of January like I had hoped. That's okay though because everything is right on time with God's plan. :) There is a reason for everything so I'm not even going to make another goal for the waiting list. I'm just going to complete everything I need to complete and leave the rest to God. Thanks for all your prayers for our journey. We really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment