Sunday, January 23, 2011

It came!!

What a few days! Thursday Princess was diagnosed with the flu (big big frowny face here) and so began the never ending task of taking care of a very sick kid. By Friday afternoon I was feeling a little cabin feverish and antsy. God must have seen that I needed a little pick-me-up and during supper our door bell rang. It was my raffle winnings box! I was so excited! Let me tell you, this raffle was above and beyond what I deserved but I got so much, my family is anxious for me to share!
It included 15 t-shirts
Two hooded jackets, a vest and a hat

A hand embroidered bag and some authentic jewelry and wooden cross, a recipe book (not pictured) full of wonderful comfort food

And this amazing quilt!

Getting this box not only lifted my spirits, it lifted Princess spirits too...she wasn't too sick to be a model for me. :)

So not only did we get all this, we received 3 more t-shirts in the mail the next day! What a great way to help a "not-so-fun" week. Unfortunately, taking care of sick kids put you at risk of catching what they have and I am afraid I'm looking at the flu right in the face. :( Achy and fever are no fun! Anyway, I just had to show off my winnings!

3 comments:

  1. Wow that is some cool stuff! Praying for smooth sailing and support during for your soon to be bigger family!! :)

    Where God guides, He provides! Don't let the finances get you down! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure what to comment on first! Uh, your cell phone picture did not do the quilt justice - WOWOWOWOWOWOWWWWW! It's awesome! and NOOOOOO you can't get sick. :( Ok, I love all the stuff, especially the little bag and trinkets of stuff; that is all so, SO cool. I know you are very passionate and now you have merch! People will ask you "what's that" and you will start talking and God will be glorified and I am so proud of you and your family and I love you all very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so badly that I have not gotten a thank you note out to you guys... Be prepared, though, for I am determined to get it out soon! I love my shirt!!! Thanks so much! (and sorry for the huge delay in the note... :()

    ReplyDelete