Thursday, January 13, 2011

One Good Day!

Yesterday was a good day!! First of all, we had our home visit from our social worker. That part wasn't so exciting until it was over. :) But we had been told that it would take about four hours and that she would interview each child individually and that really stressed me out. I just knew Princess would clam up and not talk to this stranger who was asking her all kinds of questions. But the good news was that the social worker must have gotten that vibe from them and decided to talk with them with us in the room and not grill them too much. Then just 2 1/2 hours into it, she said we were done! Yeah! In my opinion that means we did well and she didn't feel the need to dig too deep to try and find something to hold against us. Ha!

Okay so then, I was checking my email and had this strange email from a name I didn't recognize that said, "April, you might want to check out my blog." Huh? So I clicked on the link and I suddenly remembered that three days earlier I had entered this blog that was having a raffle. They were raising money to help a local village in Ethiopia and I very quickly decided that I needed to donate because who knows? my child might be coming from that village. So I bought 3 chances and her son had picked the grand prize winner that morning. AND IT WAS ME!!!!! I've never won anything in my life and here I won the GRAND PRIZE! Okay so this may not seem so exciting to you but this means I have a large box full of adoption t-shirts, hats, jewelry, and many other things I'm not even sure about headed my way! I am so excited! My hubby was watching me watch the video of them drawing the name and said I looked like I had won the lottery. In my eyes, I have! :) Not only do I get great stuff, but this money that was raised is helping in an amazing way. You can check out her blog and their journey to be God's hands and feet here: http://teamalexander.blogspot.com/
Thank you Team Alexander and ABE! You made a great day even better! :)

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! I can't comment on your blog from school for some reason, but I wanted you to know that I am REALLY proud of you and your family and I love you all very much! And hey.... this music player is very cool. Your blog has surpassed mine, ha ha. Lovvvvvvve this song!
    Praying for you through this whole thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on winning April! I had donated 2 of the shirts you won, and I need to know where to send them. From me you get a men's shirt and a women's shirt. I just need to know the sizes and where to send them. you can contact me at a_reeves85@hotmail.com.
    Our blog is www.reevesfamily-fun.blogspot.com
    ~Stacy :)

    ReplyDelete