Sunday, February 28, 2010

My manly man (sigh)

I have mentioned that my son is going through changes from little boy to big boy. One of those changes is taking a lot longer in the restroom while doing his "business". He is however, getting himself very clean because he has stopped up the toilet several times over the last couple of weeks. Last night though, God must have known I needed a good laugh because out of all the times it has stopped up, it's never overflowed...until now. So when little man came in panicked, his dad looked at me and I said, "No way! I've dealt with this my fair share of times...it's your turn."

My husband does not handle body fluids very well...at all. Changing diapers was always an entertaining time because I was very lucky when my kids got clean through all the gagging, coughing and groaning that took place. When we all three had food poisoning recently and he was the only healthy one, you would have thought it was a well thought out plan of mine to make him in charge of taking care of us and cleaning up after us. I really didn't plan on being so sick that I couldn't get out of bed just to make him change mine and princess's "bucket", but watching him wrap his head up like a turbine with a scarf to avoid the smell brought enough humor to almost make up for being sick...almost. All that showed was his eyeballs and there was not much love coming out of them as he took the bucket from me to clean it out. Ahh...such a manly man. :)
So last night I informed him that not only was it his turn, but I was doing something very important on the computer...(we disagree that checking emails is important, but in this situation, it was a very important excuse to make him do this.) He thinks I go into coma zone while on the computer so I guess he wasn't expecting me to keep up with what was going on. Very wrong! I was listening, watching out of the corner of my eye and ready to come help him out whenever I could tell he had had enough. (See I'm not completely cold hearted...I just enjoy putting him through misery every once in awhile for my own entertainment.) I heard him in there gagging and coughing, then walk to the kitchen, make lots of noise, then go back with more gagging and coughing. But I also heard little man start laughing so I knew I needed to check it out. This is what I found when I peeked around the corner....


Is that a chip clip on my honey's nose? Why yes it is. My big, strong manly man has a chip clip on his nose as a "necessary precaution" as he told me. I thought it must be really bad and went and looked in the bathroom. There was JUST WATER in the floor! Luckily, the toilet had cleared and then started overflowing so the only thing on the floor was clean toilet water. Yes, I realize that's not the best kind of water, but much better than it could have been. And...it didn't stink. "Oh, good" he says, "this thing is hurting my nose." And the gagging?..."just knowing what caused this mess in the first place." Good grief. Please pray that nothing happens to me before my kids are too little to take care of themselves. :)
I have been getting glaring looks the entire time I've been writing this post. Oh honey...it's okay...our family and friends deserve to have a good laugh every now and then. Okay, and everyone in the world wide web that decides to look at this. I still love you honey! And you love me too...you know it!
The good thing is that the bathroom is all cleaned up, we've had a serious discussion with little man about how much toilet paper to use and my kids appreciate their daddy more now.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I simply CANNOT wait until I see Jerod in PERSON! Man am I going to have some fun with this one! HA HA HA HA HA! Or more like MAUH HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAA! (Little evil laugh if you didn't get my meaning!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. OH wow. OH WOW.... yeah, I am rolling. Thank you, thank you, thank you. :) ha ha ha ha ha. And what was Jayla doing during all of this? I'd love to know.

    ReplyDelete