Monday, February 22, 2010

Good times

What a weekend! It was work and fun filled and we are slow getting around this morning but that's okay...the heater has to heat up the schoolhouse anyway before we get started. I'm really enjoying that excuse to enjoy another cup of coffee! So our weekend started by keeping my nephews Friday night. We had fun and they really enjoyed the schoolhouse and I could barely get them out of it! They created, played, read and just enjoyed being together.






Then Saturday started with two basketball games. Jaxen plays and Jayla cheers. It's been an interesting season because they have only played at the same place at the same time once. I've missed many of Jaxen's games so these last two I'm going to watch him then drive Jayla to hers. She misses about 10 minutes of hers but makes it in time to do the half time cheer so it's all good.


The games were followed by my nephew Kadon's 1st birthday party. It was in a big activity center so the kids played more basketball, football, and lots of running around. They both woke up sore on Sunday morning and I wasn't at all surprised. Their little legs had done a lot of work that day! My nephew was so dang cute with his overalls on that had animals stuck to them but wouldn't be still enough for me to get a really good, unblurry picture. He just didn't seem to understand why I wanted to take his picture, he was on a mission! :)


So our Saturday ended with church and eating out with my inlaws so all in all it was a fantastic day. Then Sunday was our "chore" day and started with trying to decide who was going to clean and who was going to go to the dreaded grocery store. Both Jerod and I despise going to the grocery store and so cleaning house is actually the preferred chore. But I got the grocery chore and it was a good thing because I am determined to start eating better starting today. After all the valentines candy we had in our house, my kids seemed to be on a constant sugar high and were sneaking into the candy bag as much as possible. So....I bought lots of good snack stuff but my favorite is my homemade granola. I put dried fruit, peanuts, sunflower seeds and chocolate chips in it (all the good stuff cancels out the chocolate and anyone who knows me knows there has to be chocolate!). I've already enjoyed it with blueberry yogurt this morning and the kids are discovering that it's really good! So we'll see how well my good intentions play out....


Grocery shopping was followed by doing lesson plans and our day ended with going to see my parents and catching up with them. They just got back from vacation and I'm so glad my mom is home! I didn't realize what unimportant, uneventful things I bore her with until she wasn't here to share with!

So that was our boring weekend...not a very insightful post but I promised I'd keep you updated on our lives. Have a great Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment