Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Broken Record

"Pick up your dirty clothes." " Go brush your teeth." "Get your trash off the floor." "Pick up your dirty clothes." "Hang up your towel." "Don't get toothpaste all over the sink." "Pick up your dirty clothes!" Are you seeing a pattern here? This is what bedtime sounds like in our house. My kids have it bad. They have two completely OCD parents. We hate wet towels on the floor, toothpaste in the sink and more than anything, we hate dirty underwear anywhere but the laundry basket. You would think after 6 and 8 years, our kids would have realized this by now. But it's the same song and dance every night. It got me thinking...I don't remember "become a broken record" being apart of the mom job description. Wait! There was no job description! Silly me! That means I can make my own. The best thing about that is my kids help me do it. Let me explain...Jayla is my "I love you more than anything momma" kid. She tells me no less than 10 times a day. :) I love that about her. One day, she told me and then asked, "How many times have I said that today?" I told her it was only about 2 or 3 times. She said, "Oh! I haven't said it enough! I have to catch up!" and then proceeded to say "I love you" about 50 more times. Isn't that the important thing? To tell our loved ones how we feel as much as we can on a daily basis? No matter how much I have to tell them to get their toys off the floor or to put their dishes in the sink, to do their math, I have to concentrate on telling them how much I love and adore them more than that. So when they lay their heads on their pillows at night and think back over the day, they remember hearing me say "I love you" more than I said "Pick up!"




I'm so glad I have my kids to help me figure this whole "life" thing out. What would I do without them? :)

1 comment: