Friday, February 26, 2010

Thank you Amy!

The kids and I have been so excited for today.. It is the day my friend, Amy, came to talk to the kids about her recent trip to Kenya, Africa. She brought over several items that she brought home from there and showed many pictures and videos. It was so cool! The kids were thrilled to be able to have this little piece of Africa brought into their home. They really started putting together things we've discussed and the real life experience that Amy had while there. It was just such an amazing and unique opportunity for my kids and I know we will all cherish it. Thank you, thank you, thank you Amy for coming!

Amy discussing pictures of the different things she saw and did while on her mission trip.





This is one thing she brought over to show and Jayla liked it a lot. She thought it was really cool and so cute that the women there really do carry babies around on their backs. She also brought some paintings the people had made from scraps that were just beautiful.

Bringing Africa to us brought such a realization that we can be so far apart but through God's love, we can also be so close. These people have such hard lives and yet they are still so joyful and thankful to have Jesus in their hearts. We may have more than they do, but I say we have lessons to learn from them as well. God is all you need and He will provide and take care of you if you only ask. He loves ALL his children no matter their skin color, geography or social status and if He lives within you, you are apart of this global, eternal family. What an amazing testimony of His awesome grace and mercy! His love has NO boundaries! Praise Him!

We are so blessed to be able to homeschool and have these opportunities for our studies to come to life for my kids. I hope it just feeds their desire to learn about the world and the different people who are in it and I hope I'm equipping them to have big dreams and the courage and confidence in themselves to follow those dreams.

I definitely think I'll take advantage of using other people I know that have travelled over seas to come share their experiences with us. China is in a few weeks....get ready dad! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment