Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Family Affair

Our Africa study has been one of our favorites. It has included so many interesting facts and we have done some very fun crafts. One of those crafts was woodburning designs into pieces of wood. I knew my dad had a soldering gun so we went out to his office to do this little project. First the kids drew their designs with pencils in the wood....



Then we took the soldering gun and started burning their designs in it. My dad had to try it out first to make sure it would work and tell me how to use it. (Notice the outfit Jayla put together yesterday...a style all her own).



And so dad wouldn't have fun all on his own, my little brother had to try it out too...



The finished products were just amazing. My dad went out and bought a wood burning kit after this so I guess we'll get to play around some more. :)

Jayla's



Jaxen's


All in a day's work at the Reep University ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment