Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Toss and Turn

I did not sleep well last night. I tossed and turned and woke up many times thinking about different things that have been on my heart. I'll share with you:

I haven't talked about this much on here but my niece had to have eye surgery recently to remove a cataract. They say she may never see out of that eye...ever. While I realize that things could be a lot worse, it hurts me to watch my sis worry and hurt over this situation. I wish there was something I could do but I can't do anything but pray. My niece is so dang cute and to watch her go through a hardship is heartbreaking. She's going back to Lubbock today to get fitted for another lens because the first one they ordered was wrong. My sis said three adults had to hold her down last time for this. Poor baby. But what's worse is when they decide this is right, my sis has to change it out daily without the help of other adults. Who wants to be the bad guy when you are the mom? It's no fair I say! No fair!

One of my dear friends son has been dealing with headaches and has gone through many tests to try and figure out whats wrong. This kid is an awesome kid who loves the Lord and is one of the best role models for my son that I could ask for. He is kind and gentle but fun and relaxed. I don't know what will come from all the tests he's having but I'm claiming RIGHT NOW that he will be completely healed. He already has faced more hardship and heartbreak in his life than he deserves but hasn't let it break his spirit. He may not be able to do the things he's really good at because of this problem but he's already looking toward other things he's good at that can glorify God. A great kid.

One more a little closer to home: my husband and I are having a hard time agreeing on where our new child's bedroom will be. It's times like this that show how the differences in our backgrounds play a big role in what we find acceptable or not. I shared a room with my sis for years while he's always had one of his own. We've talked putting up walls and even adding a second story but nothing seems to be fitting together well. We still have a lot of time I know but I'm the kind of person who likes to plan and know what's coming. I don't mind waiting to decorate, I'd just like to know if I'm going to be doing one room or several depending on what we decide. I checked with immigration yesterday and while they've received our application, it's still waiting to be assigned to a case worker to work on...yeah they've had it almost a month now and if government goes on a lock down, you can bet that things will stop completely. All in Gods time I know...He's teaching me patience and trust.

So now that I've sat down and wrote a lot of things out maybe I'll sleep a little better tonight. If you would though, would you say a quick prayer for my niece and my friends son? God hears all prayers even if we don't know all the details. He loves us that much.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. Praying for your neice. And praying for your sister. I know how hard it is to have to do hard, hard stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read this all week, couldn't post comment from school! Thank you for sharing your heart, cuz. Praying for you as you make all these decisions. And as you know, I LOVE YOU ALL!

    ReplyDelete