Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What a Difference a Week Makes

Wow...last week we were dealing with a blizzard, about 9 inches of snow, and -30 wind chills and today is suppose to be clear, sunny, and near 70 degrees. I've decided we live in the biggest roller coaster area for weather. Here are some pictures from the snow. Don't let the sunshine and blue sky fool you...it was still bitterly cold. We only lasted about 15 minutes and the temperature at the time was a whooping 3. :)

Little Man was so anxious to jump into this snow drift

Princess sliding down the slide

On Friday, things had started thawing out enough where we could have our S.T.A.R.S. valentines party and not have to postpone like we have so many other things. :)) This was such a great party and the kids had a lot of fun. We had 24 kids there! Not bad for a home school group huh? And that isn't even all of us!

The boys at the card making station
Princess at the cookie decorating station

Later that afternoon, I got the honor of "filling in" for my sister at my nephews Valentines party. My niece had an appointment in Lubbock that fell at the same time as his party so I went to be there with him. He loved showing me his room and introducing me to all his friends and teacher. I was so glad I went. :)

Valentines for us yesterday was probably very different than it was for a lot of people. It was mine and my hubby's 15th valentines together and things have changed a little from our first few. :)) Mainly, we celebrated with our two biggest love bugs and just enjoyed being a family. But that's not really different or special for us. We always love family time. We did exchange cards and gave the kids some really cute craft kits but other than that, our night was very quiet, peaceful and uneventful. Just the way I like it. :))

"For God so LOVED the world that He gave his one and only son that whoever shall believe in Him will not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment