Monday, February 21, 2011

My kids

I try really hard to not be one of those parents that gushes and brags on her children ALL the time. But sometimes, there are just things that are too good not to share. :)

Lately, we've been working on memorizing Psalm 23 and one morning last week, we woke up and found a message on our big white board in the utility room. I copied it word for word:

Little Man's Psalm
My parents love me
I shall not ask for more
They give me rest in my bed at night
They give me the water that I need
Even when I'm scared you are with me
Your love and kindness comfort me
You protect me from strangers, bad guys and Satan
I love you and you love me
I will live in your hearts forever.

Now I could over analyze this and say that he should realize that we can only provide for him because God allows us to but you know what? I know that he knows that and coming from a little boy who a few months ago would hardly tell us he loved us and hug on us....this is huge. I think it shows he appreciates and respects us.

Then, yesterday I was working in my garage (studio) on some crosses and Princess was right at my feet (like always) creating and coming up with her own projects. A little while later, she brought her dad and me together and told us to open up a bag. This is what was inside:


She painted and decorated a piece of wood in the Ethiopian flag colors and then wrote us this sweet message on the back: (I'll copy it for you :) Ethiopia! You give, you care, you give me more than I can imagine.

I think this shows that she not only realizes that we are excited and love the new addition we'll be adding to our family, but that through all of this we still love her and take care of her as much as we did before. I love my kids, I love their hearts and I'm so proud to be called their mom. :)

3 comments:

  1. How precious! These are parenting moments worth bragging about for sure! So excited for you guys!

    Celee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, had to share it already. :) Love all of you, miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete