Saturday, July 23, 2011

One Day Down

Well Little Man has been off on his church camp adventure for one day now and we only have 3 left until he comes home. One of the hardest parts about not being with him is not getting pictures of his experience. I sent him with two disposable cameras so I hope that he gets some good pictures to help him remember this time.

With all of that being said, I did receive this picture yesterday from our children's minister and it made my day. It was labeled, "Already Out";) A 6 a.m. wake up call was hard for this guy. I'm glad he got some sleep on the bus and I hope he is having a fantastical time.

Princess and I kept ourselves very busy yesterday trying to keep our minds off of Bubba being gone. We had an grandma-mom-daughter day that lasted almost the whole day!! We started by painting pottery at a local studio, went and had lunch at Olive Garden (my sis joined us for this!), went and got pedicures, shopped a little and then ended our time with a sweet treat of delicious cupcakes. It was a great day!! Then, Princess and Goo-Goo made a plan and before I knew it, she was spending the night with her and I got a date night with my hubby! I couldn't have asked for a better way to end the already great day.

I was very proud of myself for handling the day so well. One reason is because I don't always do so well being away from my kiddos. It is hard watching them grow up and try new things without me there but I knew the best thing for LM was to go to camp without me. He is with me all the time and needs these experiences alone to grow and shape who he will become. But another thing happened yesterday that could have devastated me but didn't.

On Monday, we had been presented with an opportunity to be considered for a special 3 mth old little girl and knew we would know on Friday if we were the chosen family or not. By 11 o'clock, we had received an email stating that we were not her family and I wasn't surprised or upset. We haven't been on the waiting list very long so I really felt like it wasn't our time yet. Also, just between me and you, I just really feel like we will be getting a boy. I hadn't even picked out a girls name yet so it just wasn't meant to be. So I guess we have moved up the list a notch which would make us number 36 out of 50-something. Not bad. Once again, this family who was matched with her had waited 7 months and that really seems to be the average waiting time. Our 7 month waiting mark will be December 20 so the holidays could be really exciting this year. Who knows? ;) God may have the perfect Christmas gift for us or it could be even later than that. We will just have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment