Thursday, July 21, 2011

HOT!

It has been so stinkin' hot here for so long that I haven't even been in the mood to go to the pool. Now that means it's been HOT. I love summer but enough is enough. Really. It sucks the life outof you within a few short minutes. Today we will hit a record of having 27 days of over 100 degree temps in one summer. Whoo hoo. 27 days of over 100 degrees and a whoopin' 1.41 inches of rain since JANUARY. Seriously. Thankfully, it's suppose to cool off a little by this weekend and get into the high 90's.

Today I have to get Little Man ready to go on his first over-night, out-of-town church camp. :/ Not sure I'm ready for that. But I know he will have a great time and come home completely pumped about God and I am ready for that. ;)

Anyway, yesterday we went to our local science center with Eddy our neighbor to stay out of the heat. Luckily, they still had the dinosaur exhibit up and we got to experience what everyone has been talking about. These dinosaurs are really cool and the T-Rex senses your presence and follows you. Very realistic.

Princess was not so much diggin' the dinosaurs...they were loud, big, and very real. I had thought she might get over it by bedtime, but she ended up in our bed last night after having nightmares. Sheesh.

These three have been inseparable this summer. When both boys leave for camp tomorrow, I don't know what Princess is going to do with herself. I have several fun things planned to try and keep her occupied but she is going to miss them terribly. It's rough being a kid ya know.

I videoed Mr. T-Rex as he followed me trying to capture the point where he lowers his head and sniffs you. Even though I was expecting it, I still jumped. I'm such a dork.


So after much begging and pleading from Princess, we finally left the dinosaurs and explored the rest of the exhibits. We watched two shows in the dome room and finally left about dinner time. It was a great way to spend the day and stay cool.

I can't believe summer is halfway over! I saw my first back-to-school commercial last night. I'm not even ready!! Thank goodness I can start when I want! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment