Saturday, December 25, 2010

Moments to Treasure

Well yesterday didn't turn out exactly as planned....my cookies flopped, my smores bars flopped, my french toast souffle flopped....but we had a good day regardless. My hubby came home around lunch and we played on our new dance game on the wii and then decided to go ahead and open presents with just us four.

Little Man's favorite was a new jersey...this was hard to spend money on but that's the thing you do for your kids.

I think one reason their daddy pushed for opening presents early so much is because this thing has been barking underneath our tree for over a week now. I'm glad Princess likes it.

Then we attended our Christmas Eve service at our church and the kids got to get on stage and participate for two songs since they are on the kids praise team. I love that my kids get the real reason for celebrating Christmas and know that it's something to be thankful for every day and not just on December 25th. I am one proud mama.

Don't you think those reindeer antlers are cute? She only wore them for one song and Mrs. Amy let us bring them home. Yay!

After the service we went and looked at more lights and headed home to get ready for Santa! We ended up all crawling in our bed watching old Christmas cartoons until Princess fell asleep on her daddy's lap and Little Man could hardly keep his eyes open.

However...you know the saying....early to bed, early to rise! Before the sun came up, Little Man was in our room telling us all about what Santa brought them! Princess wasn't awake yet so it was fun to be able to watch her come in and see her reaction to her stuff. Priceless!

Her favorite thing Santa brought her was an American girl doll. She got one last year that looked like her, but this year she asked for one that looks like her future little brother or sister. :)

Little Man's favorite is his Colts helmet! He also got an Adrian Peterson figurine but I've shown enough Vikings stuff in this post already so you'll just have to imagine. :)

Santa did something a little different this year and left all their toys in tee pees. The kids loved that!

Bubba helping his sister with her new DS

I may never get her out of there! She told me she "moved" in. Haha!

So now we are enjoying some down time before heading over to my in-laws and having Christmas with them. I hope you're having a fantabulous day and I want to wish each and every one of you a very Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, so precious! I LOVE the closeup of the two kids. Maybe the best picture I've ever seen of them!!! Her smile is so contagious! :) See you very VERY soon.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great teepees! Were these a gift from Santa or something you had already?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shari, Santa brought them! It was so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete