Friday, August 13, 2010

Squeeeeeeze!

Well we have been doing our best to get every last second of fun out of summer before it's gone. Even though our school year will be very flexible, when our pool is open for only another week, we know it's time to start thinking about fall. So while we are completely wearing ourselves out, we are having fun, and making lasting memories.

Monday: We went to the park and then to the pool....
Tuesday: We went to Wonderland with my parents, brother-in-law, and two nephews. It was so much fun to watch my kiddos have 'child-like' fun with their grandparents. They were really good sports and seemed to have much fun as the kids.

We started by letting each kid pick their ride from youngest to oldest. Jaden picked the train so we all hopped aboard. My dad really is having fun...he just doesn't seem like it right at this moment. :)


See? Now he's smiling! Him and my mom on the Carousel.


Princess enjoying one of the many water rides they went on that night.
Even the big boys got to ride big kid rides and yes, they did scream like little girls!
Little Man riding the Tilt-A-Whirl
My little buddy wanted to ride the Ferris wheel with me so Princess and Coby joined us in some high-riding fun...
Wednesday: We kinda re-couped a little bit and re-energized for the following days. I got some work done in the school house and then celebrated my brother's birthday that evening.
Thursday: We met my friend, Katharine and her two boys at the movies and then went straight to the swimming pool from there. After a few hours of some good Vitamin D therapy, we parted ways and got ready for our adventure that night. We had been hearing of a meteor shower that was happening and Thursday night was suppose to be the peak night. So we geared up and decided to camp out on the trampoline. Little Man's friend down the street joined us for the star gazing excitment.
And believe it or not, we all made it all night long. It was such a surreal, peaceful feeling to sleep directly under the stars. Clouds kinda obstructed our view from the meteors but we enjoyed the night anyway. I didn't sleep much for listening to sounds and making sure the kids stayed safe. Not sure what I would have done if something or someone did try to upset our cozy little setup, but I knew I wasn't leaving them out their by themselves. As the sun came up, so did the kids and much coffee was needed to get through the day. After napping and mucho caffeine, I was feeling somewhat normal but now my sleep or lack thereof is catching up with me. So goodnight all! Hope you're squeezing as much of summer out as you can too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment