Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wheat Girls Weekend

This last weekend Princess and I attended the second annual Wheat Girls Reunion. This is when all the women on my dad's side of the family join together and spend time talking, laughing, and catching up. This year, the men went to the ranch for the weekend and had sounds like they did a lot of shooting of guns. Very much a women doing women things and men doing men things. It was great! Unfortunately, my mom and sister didn't get to attend this year after my sister got sick around Lubbock and we had to bring her home but that' s a whole other story in itself. :) (She and the baby are fine now but it was a very scary 24 hours.....)


So Princess, Mamaw and I drove on to Eastland and joined the rest of the girls. We had people from all across Texas there as well as Kansas and California. Meeting and getting to know those family members that I had never met was a fun privilege for me and my daughter. One of the things we did there was make mosaic crosses. One of my cousins had made one for a Christmas take away gift and I got it but all the others were jealous. So we decided that we would just all make our own. Mine is for my mother-in-law but I already have plans for more around my house. This is my "before" picture of my cross.....my dad had cut out the wood for me but I altered the ends a little with a jigsaw to make them less rounded and more pointy.


This is the "after"




Princess and Avery enjoyed making their very own crosses with Caitlin help. She already has plans for others as well. :)


This is my cousin Ashlee and her cutie Eathan




My hostess, Susan and one of her amazing daughters Kyann.




Mary and Lucy from Kansas....

Miss Avery kept us all in laughs as she was in constant performance.


In between all the cross making and crafting, there was lots of swimming, eating and talking. Princess spent about 6 hours each day in the pools and got pretty comfortable in the water. Of course, she had several older girls at her disposal to help her do whatever her little heart desired in the water. But they could not have been nicer to her and were so patient. She is already planning trips to Kansas and California to see them again. She had such a good time.




Princess and Molly hanging in the pool together.


Caitlin taking care of the little ones in the water. I was able to relax because they took such care to keep these girls safe.

Cousin Keri with my new love...Carson. He is so cute!!! And sweet!

After a full day in the sun, we played Bunko that evening. They let Princess play in place of a cousin that had to go do homework and she thought she was pretty hot stuff. She was treated like a big girl all weekend and that made her feel very special.

It was a great weekend and we will have those memories forever. I got to get to know
"married-ins" that are so sweet and fit right in and got to know those that I had not met before. All in all, it was a success!

1 comment:

  1. OH What great pictures! I wish I had felt better but I didn't take a single picture on my camera. :| I'm so glad you got some good ones!!! I like the way you wrote about our weekend, too... you're pretty good with words, Lady! :)

    ReplyDelete