Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fair Trade

I told you earlier how my hubby went to San Antonio to trade off his car to get another pick-up. We absolutely loved his car and so had a hard time being okay with seeing it go. However, the choice he made to replace it with was quite alright with this truck driving, Texas girl! I've only owned one car in my life and I didn't like driving it while I did so I understood why he was ready to change. But....he did make an agreement with our kiddos that if he quit dipping, they wouldn't complain about the change. Seemed like an awesome idea at the time. We've been through this before and I forgot how hard it is on him and on US! It's been a "walking on egg shells" type of week and while he's doing great, we're still not quite there yet. So, every time I look at this new truck, I remind myself that it will be worth it! :)


This is the car he traded in.....

And this is what he came home with the next day....


See? It's beautiful! And really big! So big that it doesn't fit in the garage. So since this week hasn't been the easiest on any of us, I knew that it would be weird when Saturday came around. It was our 11yr anniversary and I really didn't expect anything. I knew I'd be lucky if I got a smile out of him that day much less anything else. But as always, he surprised me by fighting through his grumpiness and walked in with these. I think his exact words were, "You at least needed flowers." Of course I needed flowers! What woman doesn't want flowers on her anniversary!? I smiled and hugged him and inside was melting. No matter what we go through, its obvious that we'll be together forever when I can see past the grouch and melt when he gives me flowers. I'm so easy. :)


Here's to eleven more wonderful years plus some honey! I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment