Saturday, December 7, 2013

December 4,5,6 and 7

Okay, so I haven't been as consistent as I had hoped but it has been a very busy week. We have still been doing our kindness advent so I'll catch you up. On the 4th, I sent three packages to three very special families. Two families I've never even met in person but they held such an important role in getting Little J home. They prayed for us, sent encouraging notes, and were just there for us when we needed them and still are with just one email or text. The other family we spent such a short time with but formed a bond nonetheless. Adoption is cool like that. It brings people together that would have never met otherwise and allows them to become friends quickly due to the fact that you're on the same journey moving toward the same goal. All four of us have brought our kiddos home in the last few months and I know that if they are anything like us, they haven't been out and about much. So I thought a family movie night was in order. We packed up a child's Christmas movie, popcorn and movie candy for a night of family fun and then two made their way to Missouri and one is going to California. :) 




On December 5, we paid for the person behind us at the drive-thru. We had lots of ice that day and I thought we were going to have to cancel this day's act but we were able to make it. December 6th our act was to buy a gift card at the store and give it to the person behind us. We decided it would be nice to put that toward someones tank of gas. So we bought a gift card and Princess danced around trying to stay warm as we waited on the next customer to show up. It ended up being a mom with her daughter and after Princess gave her the card, she insisted on coming over to meet and thank us. Princess was so proud. Today we did have to pull the plug on our kindness act. We were scheduled to open doors for shoppers but since it never even made it above 19 degrees, I decided that we could do a 2 for 1 tomorrow and not give my kids pneumonia. 

Rudy is still making a daily appearance. :)

He helped Daddy shave one morning...


He was naughty one night...


And last night he went for a high flying adventure. 


The kids are still enjoying looking for him every morning and they even have Little J saying, "UUdy!" They are anxious for me and their daddy to quit thinking of hiding spots so they can get their turn at hiding him. I know I've said it before, but we don't do the traditional elf on the shelf. The kids know we are the hiders and whoever finds it first, gets to hide it next. But there's so many new places in this house, I'm just not ready to give up my turns yet. ;)

So that's what we've been up to this week! I'll try and do better at keeping up to date. 

No comments:

Post a Comment