Monday, December 2, 2013

Day Two!

Two days in a row...whoo-hoo!! :) Today our kindness act was to gather canned goods and deliver them to the food bank. Little J and I ran to the store this morning to pick out what we would donate and when we delivered it, the bigs took them up to the receiving dock all by themselves. They thought it was so cool that the man was so appreciative. I love that Little Man decided to sport his Santa hat during delivery. Good times. 



Rudy decided a train ride was in order this morning. Little J has discovered our little friend and likes chewing on his feet.


And we are about done with inside and outside decorations. My rule has always been that if it takes more than one day to put up, there's too much and you need to scale back. However, being that this year finds us in a new house, it's taken some time to find just the right spot for everything and between the weather and injuries, outside decor took a little longer than we hoped. But the good news is that I just need one more quick trip to the store for two red bows and we are DONE! Hubby got my favorite decoration up tonight and I think it looks fantastic! 


I just completed some online shopping and only have my kiddos and parents left to buy for and that is a GOOD feeling. We are scaling back with the gifts this year and putting more of our money toward non-profit charities. Christian Relief Fund being the biggest. :) This will also give me more time to do the things I really like doing with my kids but tend to put on the back burner or not do at all. They have two weeks worth of lesson plans left and I've put them in charge of going however fast they want. If they want to do it all this week and get an extra week off, wonderful. 
More time for fun. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment