Tuesday, February 26, 2013

It's "s-NO-w" Fun

Because my life these days is never boring and obviously thrives on drama, we learned that the wonderful blizzard we had yesterday brought snow up into our attic. Boo. When I went in the garage earlier today I heard the dripping. And saw the floor wet. And our boxes wet. And when I looked up and saw this...

I freaked out. Are you serious? We are suppose to close on this house in one week and now the ceiling is beginning to look like it could cave at any moment. At first I thought it was coming from our roof but once I got into the attic, I discovered that snow had actually made its way into the tightest, smallest part and was melting. Those wonderful vents on the eaves on the north side of our house allowed the blowing snow to whip up into them and then settle in the corner of the attic between the roof and the garage. 


And then as it melted, the water traveled down the sheet rock of the garage ceiling and got it nice and wet. 


Yet another reason I highly dislike snow. Unless I'm skiing in it. Sigh. 

So after filling four buckets with snow and half a shop vac container of water, we finally stopped the bleeding. Or melting. Whatever. Our realtor has to pass on this lovely information to the buyers tomorrow and we hope to all heck that they understand and want to go through with the purchase.

I'm going to bed now. 
Good night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment