Thursday, June 2, 2011

Rant and Rave Time

We had a great evening last night....we took the newly groomed doggies for a walk to the park and let the kids play awhile. The wind was blowing about 30mph, but we went anyway. We can't stop our lives just because it's windy because it looks like it will always be windy here...forever....always...with no rain....pout, pout. But seriously, it was our only night this week to not have other commitments so we went for it. Soon after we arrived there were two other little guys join the playground and the older one (who quickly told us he was 7...and a 1/2) started talking to the hubs and I. We must have something about us that draws kids to us...on any one occasion when we're home we have at least one to six extra kids at our house. They seem to come out of the woodwork....we had an extra one with us last night....that's just life around here and we love it. (Unless the kids slowly show their true colors and we have to ban them from playing with our kids but that's another story) So anyway, this kid starts talking to us and tells us that he had just gotten out of the hospital with pneumonia the night before. We knew he was telling the truth because you could still see the tape marks and bruising on his arm where his IV was and the more he ran around the more he coughed. Now, I may offend at this point but what parent in their right mind allows their 7 year old to walk to the park by themselves with a younger sibling? My daughter is 7 and I can't imagine letting her walk a younger sibling to the park by themselves, especially at dusk and especially if she was just getting over pneumonia!! I mean good grief parents! Just because your kid isn't in the hospital anymore doesn't mean he is fully well...it means he is not critical enough to be watched by 24 hour nurse care. And with the wind blowing like it was? Really? It was warm but it was very dusty and he was coughing all over the place...around my HEALTHY kids who really don't have time to get pneumonia. I mean really. I felt very sad for that kid as we walked away. I didn't like leaving him there by himself with the two teens who had shown up and I hated to think what kind of night he had after being in that wind. But he had told me that his house wasn't far and that his parents say they could see him from home. Ok well that makes everything better. No! Maybe I'm too protective....maybe I'm too judgemental.....but I just could not believe what I was hearing. I just keep thinking "poor kid" and found myself worrying about him all night. There are just people in this world who don't need to be in charge of another human being. But God blessed them with those children and it's not up to me to question that.

OK I'll stop now...I have to go take care of my little blessings....we have a dance recital tonight and I will be showing off pictures of my beautiful ballerina tomorrow. Little Man is also finishing football camp today so rest is definitely in order for this afternoon. Summer is beginning slowly for us but at least we're following instructions about staying busy! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment