Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Men in My Life

Today is very special. Not only because it is Father's day but because every 7 years, it is also my anniversary. We are celebrating 12 years of marriage today and I am very excited about that. Here is a picture of us on the day we got married. (The quality is really bad because I don't know how to scan pictures and so I took it with my phone.)

We were so young!! He was 19 and I was 20. Just babies really. But we knew that we were meant to be together forever and wanted to get started as soon as possible. :) We have had a crazy year this year...6 months of some of the worst and 6 months as some of the best. Fortunately, we are closer right now than ever and really have grown as a couple and as parents through all the ups and downs. We are really excited about the journey God has us in right now and look forward to what He has in store for our family in the future.

I love you honey!! Thanks for being my best friend and help mate. You are the best! I am lucky to call you my husband and our kids are so lucky to have you as their dad!

And in honor of father's day, I'm placing a picture of me and my awesome dad on my wedding day. He was so supportive and calm for me. I can't believe how young he looks too!! It really doesn't seem like 12 years ago. He's always there for me and my family and loves us with his whole heart.

I love you dad!! Happy Father's Day!
So here's to many many more years of celebrating two of the favorite men in my life. And without my heavenly Father I wouldn't be blessed with either of them so I thank Him above all. If you have someone that God has blessed you with (don't we all?) go love on them tonight!
Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment