Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy EASTER!!

We really did celebrate Easter this year, I've just been too busy to blog about it! :)) But before another whole week gets away from us I thought I'd better sit down and catch up. We started our weekend by going to the ranch on Friday with our family from Tyler. It was an absolutely amazing day. There was no wind and it was a toasty 85 degrees. Perfect Texas weather. Before we got started on anything else, my dad wanted the kids to try out the new swimming hole that he's worked so hard to get filled up. This is the same hole that I had pictures of earlier that the big tractors were digging out. Now it's almost full of water and has an amazing dock leading out over it with a "sandy beach" around it. We will thoroughly enjoy this spot this summer I can already tell ya. :)

Princess and Papaw

The motley crew getting ready to try out the water

My brother in law was the first one in but I'm choosing to not have him on my bad side for the rest of my life and not posting that picture. :)) Little Man was the next one in and discovered why my bro in law squealed a little when he went in....it was COLD!!! My dad said it was about 63 degrees....I was so glad I did not have my suit!

One by one they made it in the water. This is my oldest nephew, Coby.

My younger nephew and Princess took a while to talk themselves into getting in (I have no idea why...it's not like anyone was complaining about the cold) but once everyone got their chance, we dried off and headed onto the next thing.

I had seen these kites and really wanted to fly one but there was a problem. There was NO wind! After the last few weeks this was a shocker but it didn't stop us from flying kites. My family knows how to improvise.
Yes, that is us flying a kite behind a 4-wheeler. :) Call us hillbillies if you want but it was so much fun. The kids held onto the string while my dad drove them around.

They had to go pretty fast to keep the kite up which meant it was also pretty dusty.

It's all fun and games until someone gets it caught in a tree. :)

Then on Saturday we spent the day with my hubby's family celebrating his granddad's 80th birthday. I forgot my camera so I don't have any pics from this day. :(

On Sunday, we had a wonderful church service and then headed over to my grandmothers for lunch. I had already realized that Princess had not hunted eggs at all yet and I was anxious to figure out a way for this to happen. That's when Uncle Adam and Amanda came to the rescue! They brought ALL the kids Easter baskets filled with goodies and plastic eggs already with candy in them. So we combined all the eggs and went and hid them in the front yard for Princess to go find. It worked out perfectly.

There is a camouflage egg hidden in this picture....Princess had a hard time finding it....can you find it? :)

Uncle Jerod doesn't get too many chances to hold his baby niece so I was glad to get this on camera. He says the women in the family are kinda hogs with her....I'm sure I'M not included in that.
My brother Adam and his girlfriend Amanda...we really really like her....like I'd be okay if she became my sis-in-law but SSHHH!! don't tell him that....we don't want to scare him. ;)

The really cool thing about the baskets they brought the girls is that the basket part came off and was also a hat. Jacee tried her best to get it off Princess' head.

Then in order to get smiles, us adults will do just about anything. Uncle Jerod put on the hat and Jacee thought it was FUNNY!!

When we got home on Sunday evening we decided to fly the new kites the kids had gotten for Easter. There is ALWAYS wind at our house and going behind us worked great because there are not any power lines or trees to get in the way. We flew the kites for over an hour!

Princess got a ladybug kite

And Little Man got a tree frog.

I love my family!!!

I hope you had a very blessed Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment