Saturday, April 9, 2011

God is Good!

Well we had our open house today and I. am. tired. :) But it was such a great day and I am actually looking forward to having another one. I'll just give you the short run down of what we accomplished: I had 32 crosses to begin with and now I have 15. I have 10 new orders and we made right about $1000.00. Can I get a YEE-HAW?! :)) With expenses etc., we probably only netted about $700. but that's still an amazing amount for one afternoon. It makes me feel good to have done so well because I worked really hard on my product and now I can contribute to our adoption fund myself. Now for some pics:

Our raffle ticket table...my friend Lisa came and helped me decorate and she did a great job. Everything looked so put together and professional.

The "door prizes" table

One of three cross tables...

More crosses...

Our "etc." table...we had odds and ends from other people and it had everything from jewelry to frames on it

Last cross table

I didn't get the other tables but we had a Scentsy table, one with little girl hair bows and then one that had really cool canvases with words and paintings. Overall, I think everyone was glad they hosted a table and we had a really good time just being together.

Today was better than I expected and I am so thankful that I had this opportunity. Although I am so tired, I am very glad that I went ahead and held it and didn't back out like Satan tried to tell me to. Everything fell into place even if it was just at the last moment. God orchestrated the whole thing and He showed up in a big way for us. He is SO GOOD!

Side note: My mom mentioned me changing my business name from "Crosses By April" to "Crossing Over" or "Crossed Over"to illustrate our journey across the sea better....what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, so PRETTY!!! All of it! I'm so glad it went well! :)
    I actually like the sound of both new name ideas... also, if you end up adding another line of products later on and it's not just crosses anymore, then a name like those your mom suggested would still fit. :)

    ReplyDelete