Tuesday, October 12, 2010

For my sis

Ok, due to high demand of an updated blog, I've decided to sit down and let you in on the goings of our life the last month or so. (Really, decided isn't the right word...being forced to sit down is more like it since my back is out right now. But anyway...) Where to begin? Well, we got to take our trip to Houston and see our good friends the Robinsons. We had so much fun!!! One day we went to a boardwalk called Kemah right off the coast and the kids played in the water, fed stingrays, rode rides, got their faces painted and exhausted themselves so much that they didn't make it home awake. :)

Here is Princess and B. They are the best of friends! Just like their mommas.

This is the crew after feeding stingrays. Well, to be completely honest, Robin fed most of the stingrays while I took pictures and the kids watched. Her kids were not afraid of them at all but mine were cowering in the corner and Princess was even in tears. Future marine biologists? I think not.

After the stingrays, we were invaded by a cheetah, unicorn, and Princess! They followed us around the rest of the day! It was okay though, because I thought they were really cute and fun to be with.

On Sunday, we went to the Houston Texans VS Indianapolis Colts football game. We did this last year and decided it needed to be a tradition to go every year for this game since they play in Houston at least once a year. Last year, the Colts won! Yay! This year....well, we just won't talk about it. Seth decided to go completely neutral and wear green...wimp! But we have converted B to a Colts fan!


As we headed home, I realized just how much my world seems right when we are with this family. I am so so so blessed to have them in my life and can't wait for our next trip!

Since watching the big boys, I've been watching the smaller ones. Little Man is #1 in the green and this game he was playing my nephew who is #7 in the white. It was strange for both of them to play against each other but once we told them to just play their best, they relaxed and enjoyed it.


Princess had to get in there with the boys....goofy girl!

We've celebrated birthdays...Little Man turned 9!! There will be a much longer, in depth post about this later but for now, this is all you get. :)

We've had a field trip to one of the local corn mazes. Princess was not thrilled about shucking the corn when she found a worm on it. So bubba finished for her.

We've spent time loving on that cute little niece!!! This is one of my favorite activities by the way!

My nephew celebrated his 7th birthday with a pumpkin carving party that was a big hit with all the kids. They really enjoyed playing football together and we had to drag them inside when it got dark. Boys will be boys!!


Finally, we just got back from Dallas. We came into a great deal for football tickets, and even though we are NOT Cowboys fans, we are football fans and decided to go watch the game against the Titans. Their stadium is NUTSO big. We really enjoyed seeing it and had a great time as a family on our mini-vacation. I am blessed!

This is right in front of the stadium...it was very cool!

Our seats were WAY up there but it didn't matter where you sat, you were going to look at that massive screen in the middle of the stadium. Oh and just in case you didn't know, the Cowboys lost this game. :) The Colts now have a better record than them and that makes me very happy!

So that's it! A very quick over view of the last month. :) We don't really have any upcoming trips planned but do get to enjoy 3 more of Little Man's football games. He has 3 touchdowns so far this season and lives football. He even sleeps with his. Princess is really enjoying gymnastics and shows off for me every chance she gets. I have agreed to make crosses for an upcoming fundraiser so every spare moment I have goes to that. I really enjoy getting to come up with new ideas and be creative and have even taken orders for more! They will make great Christmas presents but more on that later. I'll show off some in a different post. So there, sister, is your updated blog. :) Now, kiss that Jacee for me and get some sleep! :)

3 comments: