Thursday, July 8, 2010

Summertime

This rainy, cool weather is really ruining my plans of spending every day at the pool. Oh well. It feels like it used to in the mountains when we would go there in the summers. I do like listening to the birds outside, they are so happy it's not blistering hot outside. So what's been going on? We've been just enjoying our summer every chance we get. When we don't have a sports camp or a VBS going on, we've been sleeping in, watching cartoons, I'm obsessed with a new craft, swimming, working out, and just enjoying our days. One might say it's laziness, but when I think about how starting in September it's football and then basketball every weekend, I tend to be okay with it. One thing that we have started doing more of is golfing. As a family. :) It is so much fun to see my kids enjoy this game that both my hubby and I enjoy. I played in high school and so when I met the hubs we played together a few times before I realized that he is WAY serious. So then I didn't play for years with having babies and all and so it's nice to go out with our kiddos and really all enjoy playing the game. And the hubs has really mellowed out when it comes to his game. Either that, or he just really behaves himself while the kids and I are around. :) Anyway, being that my in-laws live on a golf course, we took advantage of that and went and played with Bogey last week. Even Princess had her own set of clubs and shot on a few holes. She isn't ready to play a full 9 holes yet but she does like hitting it when the big boys do. She then picks up her ball, runs to the next one and hits again. So cute.


She really enjoyed the attention and time she got to spend with her daddy...



...and liked it when Bogey helped her hit the ball better.




Little Man had a blast playing golf but really liked driving the golf cart too. :)



The big boys had fun giving each other a hard time....




and memories were made by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment