Friday, April 16, 2010

A Step Back in Time

The last few weeks our children's ministry team have recreated "Rome". Kindergarten through 5th graders get to enjoy a little taste of what the ancient times looked like, sounded like and felt like. The time you go back to is after Jesus has died, risen and ascended and Paul has been traveling spreading the gospel. At the very present, Paul is in prison for preaching but you get to visit him and he talks to you about how you need to love Jesus and believe that he is our Savior. Then you go to an underground church and take part in an underground church service. They've recreated the market place (I don't have a pic of it but hopefully will after this weekend) and there are real people having real problems that teach you a lesson (the dramas). I was blessed the first week to watch my son and my husband do a skit together in front of the whole group. They did awesome! This weekend Princess, Hubby and myself are in another drama together which should be fun and a new experience. We rehearsed last night and if I don't break into laughter every time I look at my hubby then it will be a success! :) Will post a update on that next week and hopefully have pics....



Here is our children's wing being turned into "Rome". They didn't leave one little corner undone. The children are blessed to have such talented and dedicated people to transform our church into anything that is asked of them. (It was even the ocean last summer!) Anyway, I love this fountain and want one in my back yard...right by the school house....including goldfish. :)













This is our biggest room and it's where the praise and worship and dramas happen.







This is Paul in prison being guarded by his soldier. Princess cracked me up because I said, "Isn't that cool? That's Paul!" And she very seriously looked at me and said, "Mom, no it's not, that's my dentist." Ahhh...I guess that's what we get for being involved along with our dentist. Oh well, she got the idea anyway. :)



This is the stairway down to the underground church. I think it was my favorite part! It was dark and lit by candles....very authentic!










Here we are participating in the underground church service. I just can't say enough what a great job the children's ministry team did!




Here is Princess with our very good friend and drama director, Joni. She has her hands full when working with the Reep family. She deserves mucho kudos! :) We love you Joni!!


So there is a taste of Rome...will put more up later!

No comments:

Post a Comment