Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Peacefully Prepared

Well, here we are. Less than 24 hours before we are on a plane headed across the big ocean to meet our son. We actually don't get to meet him right when we get there since we arrive on the weekend, but we will be meeting him on just the perfect day. Our days preparing have been very unexpected. I am calm, at peace, and prepared. Not at all what I thought. I saw days of chaos, frazzled, and anxiousness but that's not at all what it's been like. Our bags are completely packed except for the last minute items, my house is pretty well clean (sweeping and mopping will wait til everyones in bed) and I am currently working on getting all the laundry caught up. My kids are at the local water park with their cousins and I'm sitting here in a quiet house resting. How is this possible?! I feel like I'm forgetting something but I have checked, double checked and rechecked my list. Am I a little scared when I think about being on a plane for 14 hours? Yes. Do I worry how people of a foreign country will treat us when we're the foreigners? Slightly. Am I little concerned about my kids staying healthy during the trip? Yes, but I think that is totally normal and none of those concerns are dominating my thoughts or emotions. I truly believe God is granting me a huge blessing by being prepared early. I have slept well, had a good appetite, and overall I feel at peace. I'm trying to allow my body to store up energy that I will need in the coming days. We have to be at the airport bright and early in the morning which means a very early start to our day. 

I would say we did really well at packing. 4 people being gone for 11 days could really cause a lot of luggage. However, we compromised on what we thought we "needed" and are taking things that are really just essentials. We all have a carry-on bag of course, but we fit everything else into two large checked bags. We will check three bags though because one bag is full of donation items we're taking. School supplies, medication, clothes, baby bottles, cloth diapers, bubbles, personal hygiene products and per request of Little Man, footballs and soccer balls. :) I love that kid. He knows what the kids will like. 


And wha-lah! Our luggage is ready and waiting! 


There is one thing that keeps going over in my head, "THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING!!" :)

1 comment:

  1. Praying constantly! Love you guys so much - all FIVE of you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete