Friday, March 8, 2013

Move Successful

We're here! We made the move okay and have been unpacking boxes like crazy. The kitchen is completely unpacked, the kids rooms and baths, and today I hope to get our room and bath unpacked. I am; however, moving a lot slower today. I am so sore and tired, I had to give my body a break. That, and we want to start painting tomorrow and I literally can't move my arms above my shoulders. But it will be so worth it when it's all done.

Some things I really like about this new house:
* TREES!! There are several established trees in this yard. Trees that are actually taller than I am! This is new for us after living on the outskirts of town and struggling to keep trees alive with the wind beating them down. One tree in the back has a large bird's nest in it and I'm anxious to see who lives there.
* School room...instead of having to travel to a school house in the backyard, we have the joy of getting to do school in a separate room in the house and then close it off when we're not working in it. I am going to do some different decorations in this school room. The kids and I love antique shopping and that 'old world' look. So, instead of bright, in your face colors, we are going with a more antique, old school feel. I'm really looking forward to getting it set up.
* Cabinet space. Oh my word, you should see all the storage in this house! This is a good/bad situation because although there are a lot of cabinets, I get to re-line all of them. New shelf liners in everything means one sore, tired mama but one happy mama.
* The kids have plenty of space for all their "stuff" and more. They are enjoying getting their rooms set up and are looking forward to paint so then they can put up all their wall decor and make it feel like home. They have been great through this whole thing and have kept a positive attitude all week. They are tired as well but have been handling it like champs. I love my kids.
* Spring is coming. Okay, this really isn't a house thing but it's fun to see the green poking through on the trees and shrubs. I can't wait to see what all this wonderful landscaping looks like when it's awake and in all it's glory.

Okay, I guess I've stalled long enough and need to get to work. :) I'll show pictures just as soon as things are put together.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment