Saturday, November 3, 2012

He's Not Just a Banker

As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, my hubby got a new position in town a couple of hours away. Since driving back and forth every day would be very expensive, we decided the best option would be for him to get an apartment to stay at for the few days a week he is gone. He also can work from there so it's a win-win. However, I wasn't going to give up my furniture and we sure don't have extra beds just lying around. So, he decided to make them! Since I am blessed to home school, we will be able to go down to visit anytime we want so he even made the kids some beds too. And I wanted to show off his workmanship. 

Princess was by his side every chance she got. He taught her how to run the drill, let her use the saw, and allowed her to paint. 
Here are the kids' beds. They aren't set up as bunk beds at this time but we hope to use them as bunks in the future. When he completed building, we painted them an off-white and they have very neutral bed coverings
Since we are completely spoiled and were gifted a king size mattress for his room, he made a poster bed for it and then raised it up by about 2 feet. I feel like a princess crawling into it. I love it. 
Once all the beds were complete, Princess used her sweetness and asked her daddy to make her a doll bed using some of the scrap wood. Of course, he couldn't say no. :) So they worked together to build it, she painted it lime green and hot pink and then I made some coordinating bedding from some material I had bought but never used. I think it turned out really cute and I love that it was basically a free project.

There you go. Maybe when I get down to the apartment again, I'll take pictures of all the pillows I made and show off some of the cool things I'm using to decorate it. It's a man's apartment, but I had to put my touch on it. :) 

Hope you're having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment