Wednesday, March 14, 2012

He IS the details

As I sat at the intersection laughing, singing and having fun with my kids, my sight drifted over to the stain on the road. Sand covered it now but you could see the remains of leaking oil on the road and then you noticed the tire marks that twisted and turned all over the place. It was at that moment that the overwhelming reality hit me. My day could look very different today. I could be visiting a very sweet girl in the hospital, consoling her parents or something worse....I couldn't let my mind go there. And then He spoke. "I am in the smallest of details."

If one car had been going a little bit faster or the other going a little bit slower, this accident would have looked very different. Instead of the car being swiped out at the front bumper, it would have been hit directly on the driver's side door. Right where this sweet girl sat. "I am in the smallest of details."

If Jerod had left work any later, or wasn't planning on meeting up with us soon...he wouldn't have been home to rush to the accident down the street to be with our friend. She needed someone familiar there while she waited on her mom and dad to arrive. "I am in the smallest of details."

God isn't surprised by anything. He knew that this would happen the moment the sun came up that morning. And He had a plan for it all. He knew that we would need to realize that He takes care of us even in the details.

You see; our friends, the Tuttles; their daughter was in an accident right outside our neighborhood....

But God was in the smallest of details. With only bumps and bruises she walked away and is able to claim that God is our ultimate protector. I'm so thankful that God took care of this sweet girl. She is such a light in this dark world and her love and faith in God is spreading to those she encounters every day. We love her and are thankful for her and her family but most of all, I'm so thankful she's okay.

God is in your details. All of them. Trust Him. He loves you. He wants to call you his child and He wants to be in your life. Let Him in. And allow Him to take care of the details.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, I am sobbing!!! Love you my friend!!! God is in the Smallest of Details!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This moved me to tears!!! Beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes April He is...and I really needed to hear this today! Thank You for being such an awesome and willing vessel for Him! (I was crying too)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! I needed this! You are so right that He is in every detail. I am so glad that she is alright!

    ReplyDelete