Saturday, March 31, 2012

Beautiful kids, Twinkies and Laughter

Random post for the week. :) First of all, I have some beautiful kids. We went to the ranch last week with my dad and brother and since I'm still not completely comfortable with my new camera, I decided to do a very impromptu photo shoot. My subjects were simply fabulous to work with.






On another note, it seems like our family has been surrounded by comedians this week. Literally. My kids have discovered a clean, Christian comedian, Tim Hawkins. They love to show me his YouTube videos over and over and over. So I decided to make it easier on myself and just buy a few of his videos so I could sit and watch it and then the kids would know I've already seen that really funny bit. Anyway, his latest video has a song in it that Little Man kept telling me he really didn't understand. So after watching, it occurred to me that my children have never had the privilege of eating....Twinkies. So what is any good mom to do but go buy a box and let her kids try some? :)
Now the song makes a lot more sense and my kids have been educated on yummy goodness that comes wrapped in a cellophane package.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwzKa9wJSVY

Another very funny person I encountered this week was Anita Renfroe. She was in town performing at a local fundraiser that I was invited to. She made me laugh so hard my tummy hurt.


I love Christians that realize that laughing is fun and it's fun to laugh at yourself. And you can be funny without being dirty or vulgar. And I love that my kids can watch them and I don't have to worry about what is being said or what they might be taking in.

Have you laughed today? :)

1 comment:

  1. Ha! EXACTLY! :) And btw, I've been kinda craving Twinkies for a couple of weeks now, and this blog just put the craving into overdrive! But it's 10 pm. I guess I can wait til tomorrow but LOVE the pic! Love all the pics... the kids are growing up too fast. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete