Tuesday, November 23, 2010

1, 2......3!

Well, so here it goes....for about 3 years now my husband and I have felt the push to do something pretty drastic. God has been telling us that we are suppose to be doing more with our family and our life. Something that will knock our socks off with blessings but cause others to question us, look at us, and worry about us. Something that is so not of this "world" but through Christ alone will be possible and fulfilled. Are you curious yet? :)

We have decided that we are going to adopt a third child into our family from Ethiopia. Yes, we have two amazing, smart, beautiful (on and on and on) children already, but God is not finished with our family yet. He says we need to do more....to love more....to take care of more....to be His hands and feet more. So we begin. We are just beginning this journey of acceptance letters, home studies, paper work, travel, shots, planning....loving. And I mean that sincerely. I don't even know if we will receive a boy or girl (we are not specifying) but I know that I already LOVE them. My hearts pounds every time I watch my kids play and picture another one right in the middle of them. My eyes tear when I watch them with their daddy and know that another child is going to get the blessing of feeling that love, comfort and safety from their daddy. To say I'm excited is putting it mildly. Do I think it will be easy, always fun or without risk? Absolutely not. But I can tell you that obedience is freeing and I feel so blessed to have this opportunity.

Alright....there you go. A new season has started for our family and life will never be the same. Praise the LORD!!! :)

5 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Im blown away. So excited for you guys. If any family was made for this, it's yours. The kids will be awesome with their new baby. Im proud to know your family. Congratulations! Keep us posted and I cant wait to meet your new addition :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thrilled for you guys! This is definately something we've been praying about for years, and have finally seen God move us in that direction. I can't wait to watch your journey, and will be praying for you all!

    Jeana Ball

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww!! Thats so exciting! :) I'll be praying for the process of getting the new child and working things out when you finally get your wonderful new addition!
    And on that note, if you ever need a "babysitter" just shoot me a message on facebook. Your kids crack me up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well as I have said all along we are praying. I never doubt God and I know He is in charge. What you see as questions and doubt from me, are far from it! :) I see it as love and trust in God. No more no less. I do love your family and trust God in every moment for you in this journey as I do with Him in ours. May God bless very step.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just now back to the computer and seeing this - your words are beautiful and I am excited for you and with you! :) I love you all!

    ReplyDelete