Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day fun...

Our last few days of "summer" have been event filled. Surprise, surprise right? :) We went to the ranch on Saturday and came home Sunday evening. My aunt and uncle from Tyler and my grandparents were down there also. Much to my great pleasure, my sister and her family (baby included) were there as well which meant I got to get in some major Jacee time. Yay! I mean, my aunt, uncle, grandparents, parents and siblings are great and all, they just don't smell as good and aren't as soft.

My aunt Becky with all five of her "greats"

My brother serenaded me on the front porch of the bunk house. He is getting so good at his banjo and even wrote a song. I videoed him playing it so I could listen any time I wanted. I haven't figured out how to post videos yet or I would share.

My nemesis of the weekend....the dang grasshoppers. They were everywhere and they are huge! Even worse, when you rode on the 4-wheelers, they flew right at your face. My father had a blast making me squeal and torturing me with them. Some things are just not right!!!

My dad really would rather me not post this picture of him but guess what? He tortured me with grasshoppers and enjoyed it so here it is. :) I never realized that Princess' fashion sense came from him.

Again....tortured me with grasshoppers....shorts, boots, gun, ear protection: enough said!
Enjoy!!!!

The dove were not cooperating so the boys shot skeet instead. Some were really good, others (I'll not name names) were not so good. Let's just say genetics run deep when it comes to being able to hit those flying targets so if you didn't share genes with my father, you didn't hit many targets.


Father and son team....these guys are really good! They hardly ever missed a shot!

The next day, my dad got to enjoy some time with his two grand-daughters. Well, to be honest, anyone that held Jacee also got in some good time with Princess. :)

Princess getting her turn at holding the "Queen of everything." Princess gave her that name.

My cutie pie nephew down at the bass tank getting ready to show off how he learned to cast. His momma even came down to watch and that made his day!

Princess caught a good size fish!


Mamaw caught a good sized fish too.

Little Man stayed pretty serious this trip but when he was holding Jacee, I got a little bit of a smile. He sure is growing up!

Great family time with great weather. Another great weekend in the books.

2 comments:

  1. Loved all the pictures! This brought back memories of the few days we went to the ranch with your parents. I got a good laugh at the picture of your dad with shorts and cowboy boots! I'm glad you posted it! :) I believe he tortured you with those grasshoppers! :) He's a good man, but you have to keep an eye on him! :)Please say hello to your family and yes I agree Jacee is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This was great! I loved the picture of my mom with all 5. I bet she does too!!!!!
    I think, to post a video you have to upload it to YouTube and then embed the link. Uh, but maybe not. I don't know. It's the only way I've ever been able to do it. So yeah, you've gotta have a YouTube account. *sigh. If anyone can do it, YOU can, momma!
    Thanks for sharing all this - beautiful! Why are you not in ANY of the pictures again?

    ReplyDelete