Monday, November 25, 2013

Time Flies and It's Just Not Fair

Well as always, time is flying by and it's closer to another year coming to a close. We are gearing up for the holidays around here. Believe it or not, I usually refuse to put up our Christmas tree before Thanksgiving, but this year was an exception. The weather was pretty miserable this weekend so we took advantage of being stuck indoors and went ahead and decorated for Christmas. We are so excited about Christmas this year and sharing it with Little J. He loves the lights on the tree and really likes pulling off the lower ornaments. I just love our tree. It's more than a Christmas tree to me. It's a memory tree. I don't do the organized, all matchy-matchy colors, we just have ornaments that have been acquired throughout the years that mean something to each of us. I like looking at all of them as we hang them up and remembering why Princess got a bicycle ornament that year or why Little Man has one of a dog on skis. :) Here are just a few of my favorites...


I've been waiting three years to put a name and date on this one!


To remind me of the time Little Man had "Where the Wild Things Are" memorized and recited it by heart. At the age of 3. Yes he did. 


The year a lot more pink entered our lives! Princess' first ornament. She barely made it in before the new year but her timing was perfect.


My dad nicknamed me two things growing up. Peanut and Waspy. I prefer Peanut but occasionally the other side comes out. :) I love the nickname and I love having this reminder on our tree. 

So like I said, the weather was pretty miserable but Saturday night into Sunday brought a surprise...SNOW!! I always say, if it's going to be so nasty cold, it needs to snow. And we were so excited to get Little J out in it to see what he thought. He loved it!! He didn't necessarily like touching it, but he liked being out there and walking in it and tasting it. :) 


Oh he melts this mama's heart!! 


The kids were willing enough to let me get a picture of the three of them and I just have to say I love it! Little Man is actually SMILING! It's about time he showed off those beautiful teeth we worked so hard to get straight. Plus, Little J is looking at the camera and being still at the same time! There might not be a smile but this is definitely a successful picture. Personally, I think I have the 3 best looking kids around! 


So that's what has been going on with us. Now to look toward a great couple of days with my family for Thanksgiving, family pics, home study visit, more doctor appointments and celebrating 2 months home. Whew! Let the fun begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment