Thursday, October 24, 2013

Beginning to settle

While in Ethiopia we had suspicions that Little J had an ear infection. The 16 hour flight that he only slept about 4 hours of kinda confirmed our fears. He was miserable and we were not far behind him. So to come home to such a warm, loving welcome crew was just what we needed. I was missing my bigs so bad and I was just ready to be home. Or fairly close at least. We flew into our home town since there were more people there that wanted to greet him than in our new town. And it gave our immediate family a chance to spend a few extra hours with him before we drove home the next day. 




So blessed to finally be all together!


He met his grandpas...



Some of his great grandparents...



and one very special great-great-grandmother.


He was introduced to Texas in the best way possible...his first cowboy hat :)


And then we headed home home. :) When we got there, we found this on our front door. 


We immediately took him to the doctor and found that he actually had a double ear infection and we were able to get him started on antibiotics right away.

Once he started feeling better, his little personality just lit up


We spent the next three weeks playing, holding, bonding, basketball watching, laughing, eating, football watching, changing, growing, loving....
living. 


 He loves him some Bubba.

Starting him out right...Go COLTS!!

My little buddy during pretty much anything I do

He also loves him some Sissy


Not long after we got home, my niece had an eye appointment here so those cousins came to visit. It was fun watching them react to Little J. The littlest one couldn't figure out how this kid in a picture he's been seeing was now actually here moving and talking. Cracking me up.





So here we are. Almost three weeks home and I'm just now catching you up. I promise to do better. I'll leave you with some shots from our trip to the pumpkin patch. He just couldn't figure out why all these orange balls wouldn't roll right!! :)



1 comment:

  1. I am so glad it went so well and now you are all under one roof!! He is so precious and so very lucky to have you for a mom! You are such a loving,fun mom! Your two oldest are getting soooo big!!! I miss you all!

    ReplyDelete