Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sunday ramblings

I don't have much to say...I was just on changing my background. What do you think? I love how it's elegant and wintry. Our thanksgiving was wonderful this year. We started off with breakfast at my mom and dad's house then moved on to lunch at Jerod's aunt's house. After that, we joined our friends the Tuttles and Talbotts and ate more food. :) There was dancing, laughing and just hanging out having fun. Then on Friday, Cindy, her two girls and I went shopping. We didn't even hit our first store until 9am so I wouldn't call us Black Friday shoppers. We were just four people taking advantage of a day off and enjoying spending time together. The girls shopped and me and Cindy walked and talked. Her wonderful husband offered to keep my kiddos so I could have some grown-up time and it was just the refreshing morning I needed. Then we picked up Princess after lunch and hit a few more stores before calling it a day. I think I bought two Christmas gifts and two things for myself. Hey...at least I can now say I have 'started' Christmas shopping.

I want to do something different this year on my gifts. I would really love to find a way where most if not all of my gifts benefits someone other than the person receiving it. For example: I found a website with "fair trade gifts" that looks like a big possibility. What happens is that when I buy something, the money goes to someone who made it by hand in a third-world country that needs these purchases to make money for their family. Does that make any sense? If I can't find just what I'm looking for that way, I hope to find the rest at the two upcoming craft shows I'm doing before Christmas. I just feel that buying from people who spend their efforts, talents and time making beautiful things is better than buying from a huge corporation that is already getting billions from everyone else. Maybe I just have a soft spot in my heart for those who make things by hand. (Gee I wonder why :)) Anyway, that's my goal so we'll see how it goes.

Well, for not having much to say I sure got a lot on this page. I am just enjoying being curled up with a blanket, drinking my hot cider, watching football and admiring the lights on my Christmas tree. It's a good, relaxing night before another busy week starts. We have a big thing going on this week but I don't want to blog about it until we're done. Oh, the suspense! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment